Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More catching up...

I got some more Northern Resident News that I have found as I searched through my folders! Here is an update from August 29th
There was some confusion going on when OrcaLab could here I31 calls over the hydrophone mixed in with A1 calls. Later on, it appeared that 18 year old I68 has been travelling with the A30s, but the rest of her family was not present. Perhaps this behavior is caused by the lost of her calf I111 last year in 2009?
Another update from September 7th about I68's brother I46
I46 has a new injury on the top of his dorsal fin and it is tipped to the right. He too, is not travelling with his family. In January 2010 he was spotted alone in bad condition. He is alive but it is not known if he is any better. He has been spotted among the As and Gs.

No comments:

Post a Comment